Job: Accountant/Tax Preparer/Admin
Our Accounting & Tax firm is looking for an Accountant & Tax Preparer – Quickbooks – Tax Accounting Professional to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing, completing accounting records for our clients and enter tax data into tax software and knowledge and up to date with tax laws and changes or able to research tax laws. Must have PTIN number. This opportunity will interact with our clients via phone if approved.
- Download transactions from banks, credit cards, loans, etc.
- Enter data into QB and reconcile all accounts
- Process payroll weekly for two clients.
- Update or create checklist for clients so we all know what has been completed.
- If you unsure how to handle a transaction, first think it through and run by me first.
- Must know excel, and word and mail merging
- Tax preparer for 2 years and easy to learn new tax software
- Excellent with numbers
- This job may start at 24 to 32 hours since new position
- Looking for someone to go long term with me and grow with the business.
- 2 Years minimum previous experience in accounting, bookkeeping, and Quick books
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills